- 名词 (Noun)
- (obsolete) Mental conception; reflection, consideration.
- (sciences) A coherent statement or set of ideas that explains observed facts or phenomena, or which sets out the laws and principles of something known or observed; a hypothesis confirmed by observation, experiment etc.
- (uncountable) The underlying principles or methods of a given technical skill, art etc., as opposed to its practice.
- (mathematics) A field of study attempting to exhaustively describe a particular class of constructs.
- A hypothesis or conjecture.
- (countable, logic) A set of axioms together with all statements derivable from them. Equivalently, a formal language plus a set of axioms (from which can then be derived theorems).
- A pantograph can be adjusted to make either scaled or exact copies.