-er 中文 EN[ə]
- 字尾 (Suffix)
- (added to verbs) A person or thing that does an action indicated by the root verb; used to form an agent noun.
- reader, cooker, computer, runner-up, do-gooder
- (added to verbs) INF A person or thing to which the root verb can satisfactorily be done.
- a real looker: a beautiful woman
- a keeper: a person or thing worth keeping
- (added to a noun denoting an occupation) A person whose occupation is (the noun).
- astrologer, cricketer, trumpeter
- (added to a number, measurement or noun denoting a quantified set) A name for a person or thing that is based on a number (with or without a noun).
- sixer, six-footer, three-wheeler, first-grader
- SLA (chiefly entertainment, with few limitations) Used to form nouns shorter than more formal synonyms.
- percenter (commission agent); one-hander (one-man show); oater (a Western-themed movie)
- INF (added to a noun) One who enjoys.
- Tooners lined up for tickets to Toy Story.
- (derogatory, added to nouns) Person who subscribes to a particular conspiracy theory or unorthodox belief.
- anti-vaxxer, birther, flat-Earther, 9/11 truther
- (added to a proper noun) Suffix denoting a resident or inhabitant of (the place denoted by the proper noun); used to form a demonym.
- New Yorker, Londoner, Dubliner, New Englander
- Suffix denoting residency in or around a place, district, area, or region.
- islander, highlander, eastender, prisoner
- OBS (no longer productive) Suffix used to form the plural of a small number of English nouns.
- childer, calver, lamber, linder ( "loins" )
- person or thing connected with.
- (added to certain adjectives and adverbs, now especially short ones) more; used to form the comparative.
- longer, bigger, faster, sooner, simpler
- (added to certain adverbs) more; used to form the comparative.
- (added to a verb or imitative sound) frequently; used to form frequentative verbs.
- twitter, clamber, bicker, mutter, wander, flutter, flicker, slither, smother, sputter
- (added to a verb) instance of (the verbal action); used to form nouns from verbs, especially in legal terms.
- disclaimer, misnomer, remitter, rebutter
- (added to a verb or noun) used to form diminutives.
- shiver < shive
- sliver < slive
- splinter < splint
- Used to form slang or colloquial equivalents of words.
- soccer, rugger, brekkers, Radder, divvers
- (fiction) signifying a little one, junior, child, younger person. Attached to a name, usually a portion of the given name.
Meaning of -er for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 7
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- fr -er
- en -ers
- en -ery
- en -ergy
- fr -erai