amount 中文 EN[əˈmaʊnt] US
总数, 数量, 和
- 名词 (Noun)PLamounts
- The total, aggregate or sum of material (not applicable to discrete numbers or units or items in standard English).
- The amount of atmospheric pollution threatens a health crisis.
- A quantity or volume.
- Pour a small amount of water into the dish.
- The dogs need different amounts of food.
- (nonstandard, sometimes proscribed) The number (the sum) of elements in a set.
- 动词 (Verb)SGamountsPRamountingPT, PPamounted
- VI (followed by to) To total or evaluate.
- It amounts to three dollars and change.
- VI (followed by to) To be the same as or equivalent to.
- He was a pretty good student, but never amounted to much professionally.
- His response amounted to gross insubordination
- OBS VI To go up; to ascend.
- This dose resulted in a TAZ of 11 mg when administered to healthy adults as an aqueous solution postprandially with little being achieved by administering greater amounts (Figure 1).
- We took advantage of our large amount of data and on machine learning to set-up a fast webtool combining all existing taxonomies including the newly proposed consensual “expert” one.
- But Buffy has also generated enormous amounts of slash fiction. The cult television text and the rise of the Internet have both had an important aspect on the development of slash fiction.
- If they would've made Gex 2 with the same style as the original, instead of crappifying it a la Crash Bandicoot, it would've sold huge amounts.
Meaning of amount for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en amounts
- en amounted
- en amounteth
- en amounting