answer to 中文 EN
- 动词 (Verb)SGanswers toPRanswering toPT, PPanswered to
- Used other than as an idiom: see answer, to.
- You've been asking me questions all day, and I answered to help with the investigation, but I'm done now.
- To be accountable or responsible to; to account to; to report to.
- I'm above you in the hierarchy, Jim, so you should be answering to me.
- To justify oneself to (someone). (usually with have to).
- You're going to have to answer to all of these charges to my satisfaction.
- To respond to (a name); to treat as one's own name.
- She's answered to Katie her entire life.
- The robot produced a series of beeps and bloops before giving its answer to the problem.
- They gave me the runaround when I called. I got a full tour of the facility by phone, but no answer to my question.
- Even then, shirkers and dust-outs must expect to answer to the law for thumbing their noses at the U.S.
Meaning of answer to for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
明确性: 级别 1
明确的 ➨ 多用途
形似词 (Look-Alike Words)
- en answereth
- en answer for
- en answered
- en answering
- en answerde