becoming 中文 EN[bɪˈkʌmɪŋ] US
- 名词 (Noun)PLbecomingsSUF-ing
- (chiefly philosophy) The act or process in which something becomes.
- 动词 (Verb)
- present participle of become.
- 形容词 (Adjective)COMmore becomingSUPmost becoming
- pleasingly suitable; fit; congruous.
- decent, respectable.
- Because English spelling was becoming standardized in the 15th and 16th centuries, the Great Vowel Shift is responsible for many of the peculiarities of English spelling.
- In the current era of large surveys and massive data sets, autoclassification of astrophysical sources using intelligent algorithms is becoming increasingly important.
- A box-office bomb when it first came out, the film was a sleeper, becoming much more popular decades after being released.
Meaning of becoming for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 1
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en becomings
- en becomingly
- en becomingness
- en becoming one flesh