being 中文 EN[ˈbiːɪŋ] US
存在, 生物, 生命 存有
- 名词 (Noun)PLbeingsSUF-ing
- A living creature.
- The state or fact of existence, consciousness, or life, or something in such a state.
- (philosophy) That which has actuality (materially or in concept).
- (philosophy) One's basic nature, or the qualities thereof; essence or personality.
- OBS An abode; a cottage.
- 动词 (Verb)
- present participle of be.
- 连词 (Conjunction)
- OBS Given that; since.
- And the Premier League's all-time top-goalscoring midfielder proved he has not lost the knack of being in the right place at the right time with a trio of clinical finishes.
- This album is about to blow up; they’re being promoted on MTV.
- The Merck nonavalent HPV vaccine that is currently being tested would be better than both of these, because it protects from infection from 9 HPV types but would still not impact on all HPV types.
- Being one of the most southerly parts of the UK, the Isle of Wight has a milder subclimate than most other areas.
- Being of an uneven temperent he was free with his disfavours.
- Being so lighthanded the vessel could not be properly managed and could carry but little sail, consequently her progress was but slow.
- Can we conceive a body of men, engifted with a mightier privilege than that of being salvation to hundreds of thousands of crushed and trampled human beings?
- People believed that the werewolves, or werehyenas, which they called buda, were too strong in those places to permit safe habitation by human beings.
- It seems that these S-E-A-Values are all about what ethnologists call the Umwelt — the area of alarm around members of the brute creation, such as human beings.
Meaning of being for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en beings
- en beinge
- en beingly
- en beinghood
- en beingless