eventually 中文 EN[əˈvɛn.tjuː.ə.li]
- 副词 (Adverb)PREeven-SUF-ly
- In the end.
- (mathematics, of a sequence) For some tail.
- Even though it caused much controversy, Mayor Daley was eventually lauded as a hero for his decision to depave Lake Shore Drive.
- Mr. Bergstroem, the Nordea analyst, said he thought AOL would prevail eventually but probably at a price of more than 230 kronor a share.
- Though he fell off the wagon several times, he eventually succeeded in quitting.
- Eventually I was promoted, and a small team of recruits came under my authority.
- Eventually she was caught, and sent down for twelve years.
- Eventually the king chose to hear her entreaties.
- He's having trouble completing the Sudoku, but he'll get there eventually.
- e's a reasonable man. I knew he'd come round eventually.
Meaning of eventually for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 2
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 5
明确的 ➨ 多用途
形似词 (Look-Alike Words)
- en ventrally
- en eventfully
- fr éventuelle
- en eventuality
- en essentially