food 中文 EN[fuːd] UK
食物, 食品, 养料 食物
- 名词 (Noun)PLfoods
- NU Any substance that can be consumed by living organisms, especially by eating, in order to sustain life.
- The innkeeper brought them food and drink.
- NC A foodstuff.
- This shop stocks many hundreds of different foods.
- NU (figuratively) Anything that nourishes or sustains.
- The man's inspiring speech gave us food for thought.
- Mozart and Bach are food for my soul.
- In the 1980s, Dr. Thal, a neurologist, helped lead successful clinical trials of tacrine, a cholinesterase inhibitor drug that was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in 1993.
- We need change, but all I have is a yuppie food stamp.
- lthough he's obviously hung over, he's trying to play it off as food poisoning.
- Food is assimilated and converted into organic tissue.
- Food may regurgitate from the stomach into the mouth.
- My cat looks underweight, so I'll fatten him up with higher calorie cat food.
- Their flesh, doctors thought, was more poriferous and absorbed more fluidity from the food.
- We administered the medicine to our dog by mixing it in his food.
Meaning of food for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en foodstuff
- en foody
- en foods
- en foodie
- en fooder