- 名词 (Noun)PLmanies
- A multitude; a great aggregate; a mass of people; the generality; the common herd.
- A considerable number.
- 代词 (Pronoun)
- A collective mass of people.
- Democracy must balance the rights of the few against the will of the many
- A great many do not understand this.
- An indefinite large number of people or things.
- Many are called, but few are chosen.
- 限定词 (Determiner)
- An indefinite large number of.
- many people enjoy playing chess; there are many different ways to cook a meal
- We believe and are thoroughly convinced that God's blessings come to his church in a cross-handed way, entirely different, in many instances, from the way we expect them.
- For indeed in the middle the fashion thereof was red, but at the ends it was all purple, and on each margin many separate devices had been skilfully inwoven.
- Shiseido Parlor is a storied yoshoku establishment in the heart of Tokyo’s Ginza district, a restaurant to which many Japanese make a pilgrimage at least once.
- Many people counted him out, but he came back better than ever.
- Many game reserves are located in Africa. Most are open to the public, and tourists commonly take sightseeing safaris.
- Many did quickly unnun and disfriar themselves. — Fuller.
Meaning of many for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en manyfold
- en manye
- en many a
- en many an
- en manywise