- 名词 (Noun)PLmoresSUF-more
- An extra amount or extent.
- OBS a carrot; a parsnip.
- (dialectal) a root; stock.
- A plant.
- 动词 (Verb)SGmoresPRmoringPT, PPmored
- VT To root up.
- 副词 (Adverb)
- To a greater degree or extent.
- He walks more in the morning these days.
- (now poetic) In negative constructions: any further, any longer; any more.
- Used alone to form the comparative form of adjectives and adverbs.
- You're more beautiful than I ever imagined.
- (now dialectal or humorous) Used in addition to an inflected comparative form. (Standard until the 18thc.).
- I was more better at English than you.
- 限定词 (Determiner)
- Comparative form of many: in greater number. (Used for a discrete quantity.).
- More people are arriving.
- There are more ways to do this than I can count.
- Comparative form of much: in greater quantity, amount, or proportion. (Used for a continuous quantity.).
- I want more soup; I need more time
- There's more caffeine in my coffee than in the coffee you get in most places.
- It is more than two weeks that Babylon 5 aired for the last time. We, Portuguese Fivers of conviction, are few.
- It takes more than a picture in a girlie magazine for me to get off.
- Keep in mind that he does not hear too well anymore, so you may have to speak more loudly.
- More to the point: In Hollywood techspeak, a “gobo” (one b) is a small disc placed directly between a key light and the actor being illuminated, so as to diffuse the glare.
- More precisely, he is overequipped: among the items he takes from London are a collapsible canoe, a Union Jack, six linen suits, an astrolabe and a portable humidor.
- More specifically, animals in the highest dose group had definable clinical signs on day two, decreased activity, anterior abdominal matting of haircoat, and an unkempt appearance.
- emele doth Bacchus bear / Impregned of Jove. — Dr. H. More.
- I tried to fix it, but I think I just goofed it up some more.
- Could you lean the picture to the left just a tad more?
Meaning of more for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- fr more
- en moreover
- en mores
- fr mores
- en morel