name 中文 EN[neɪm] US
- 名词 (Noun)PLnames
- Any nounal word or phrase which indicates a particular person, place, class, or thing.
- An abusive or insulting epithet.
- Stop calling me names!
- A person (or legal person).
- Those of a certain name; a race; a family.
- (computing) A unique identifier, generally a string of characters.
- An investor in Lloyds of London bearing unlimited liability.
- 动词 (Verb)SGnamesPRnamingPT, PPnamed
- VT To give a name to.
- A chap named Eleazir Kendrick and I had chummed in together the summer afore and built a fish-weir and shanty at Setuckit Point, down Orham way. For a spell we done pretty well.
- VT To mention, specify.
- He named his demands.
- You name it!
- VT To identify as relevant or important.
- naming the problem
- VT To publicly implicate.
- The painter was named as an accomplice.
- VT To designate for a role.
- My neighbor was named to the steering committee.
- Subaru named it after the New York zip code Tribeca — a syllabic abbreviation of “Triangle Below Canal Street” — not so much to connote wealth and glamour
- On Tuesday evening CNN had found two suitemates who recounted some of the most chilling details about the gunman, Cho Seung-Hui, including that he had an imaginary girlfriend named Jelly.
- We need a name to put in this form, so let's just invent one.
- Names of this sort, theophorous or basilophorous, were regularly given to foreigners residing in Egypt from the New Kingdom onwards, if not earlier; even Joseph was no exception.
- A person is born into their skin group and thus, in addition to a personal name, shares with other relatives who are similarly classified, a skin name.
- As soon as I straighten out which of the twins is which, I'll start calling them by their names.
- The best bit is the most obscure: When Vivien announces her plans to stay temporarily with a local antiques dealer, Ethel Mae Potter, only “Lucy” obsessionists may recognize Ethel Mertz’s maiden name.
Meaning of name for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en named
- en names
- en namely
- en namesake
- en nameplate