otherwise 中文 EN[ˈʌð.ə(ɹ)ˌwaɪz] US
- 形容词 (Adjective)SUF-wise
- Other than supposed; different.
- He said he didn’t do it, but the evidence was otherwise.
- 副词 (Adverb)
- (manner) Differently, in another way.
- You may have a point, but I think otherwise.
- (conjunctive)  In different circumstances; or else.
- I’m not well today, otherwise I would have helped. You have to open your umbrella, otherwise you'll get wet.
- (conjunctive) In all other respects.
- He lost his temper once in a while. Otherwise he behaved rationally.
- If the act were otherwise circumstantiated, it might will that freely which now it wills reluctantly. — Bramhall.
- Well, I messed up my solo, but otherwise it was a good concert.
- Every σ-algebra has a μ-completion: if a σ-algebra is complete, then it is equal to its μ-completion, otherwise it is contained by its μ-completion.
- Otherwise known as reverse shoplifting, shopdropping involves surreptitiously putting things in stores, rather than illegally taking them out, and the motivations vary.
Meaning of otherwise for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
- Words suffixed with -wise
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
形似词 (Look-Alike Words)
- en otherwize
- en overwise
- fr thermisé
- en otherish
- en etherise