portion 中文 EN[ˈpɔɹʃən] US
- 名词 (Noun)PLportionsSUF-tion
- An allocated amount.
- That which is divided off or separated, as a part from a whole; a separated part of anything.
- One's fate; lot.
- The part of an estate given or falling to a child or heir; an inheritance.
- A wife's fortune; a dowry.
- 动词 (Verb)SGportionsPRportioningPT, PPportioned
- VT To divide into amounts, as for allocation to specific purposes.
- VT To endow with a portion or inheritance.
- Him portioned maids, apprenticed orphans, blest. — Alexander Pope.
- Following reperfusion, a portion of the blood was collected by cardiopuncture, and the heart was harvested and washed with ice-cold normal saline.
- A solitary cotton-wood, with an occasional clump of willows, constitute the sylva of this portion of the river.
- A portion of the fermented paste may be mixed with three parts of water and boiled, resulting in an absit.
Meaning of portion for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 7
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- fr portion
- en portions
- fr portions
- en portioned
- en portioner