supply 中文 EN[səˈplaɪ] US
供给, 供应 供给, 供应
- 名词 (Noun)PLsuppliesSUF-ly
- NU The act of supplying.
- supply and demand
- NC An amount of something supplied.
- A supply of good drinking water is essential.
- (in the plural) provisions.
- (chiefly in the plural) An amount of money provided, as by Parliament or Congress, to meet the annual national expenditures.
- to vote supplies
- Somebody, such as a teacher or clergyman, who temporarily fills the place of another; a substitute.
- 动词 (Verb)SGsuppliesPRsupplyingPT, PPsupplied
- VT To provide (something), to make (something) available for use.
- to supply money for the war
- VT To furnish or equip with.
- to supply a furnace with fuel; to supply soldiers with ammunition
- VT To fill up, or keep full.
- Rivers are supplied by smaller streams.
- VT To compensate for, or make up a deficiency of.
- VT To serve instead of; to take the place of.
- VI To act as a substitute.
- VT To fill temporarily; to serve as substitute for another in, as a vacant place or office; to occupy; to have possession of.
- to supply a pulpit
- 副词 (Adverb)COMmore supplySUPmost supply
- Supplely: in a supple manner, with suppleness.
- Although millians and infinite numbers of them [fish] be taken, yet on the next [day] their losse will be so supplied with new store that nothing shall be missing of the yesterfang. ― Holinshed.
- The hardware store is gearing up for spring in February with garden supplies and seeds.
- The town's water supply consisted of three wells, but a new one was being dug to meet demand from the new development.
- You should charge up your phone before the camping trip, as there won't be any power supplies.
- He argued as follows: America should stop Lend-Lease convoying, because it needs to fortify its own Army with the supplies.
- This technique creates a neourethra circumferentially lined with buccal mucosa but requires availability of preserved scrotal tissue and, after harvest, relies on a random blood supply.
Meaning of supply for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en supplying
- en supplyant
- en supplyment
- en supplyments
- en supply-side