theory 中文 EN[ˈθɪəɹi] US
理论, 学说, 意见 理論
- 名词 (Noun)PLtheoriesPREthéo-SUF-ory
- OBS Mental conception; reflection, consideration.
- (sciences) A coherent statement or set of ideas that explains observed facts or phenomena, or which sets out the laws and principles of something known or observed; a hypothesis confirmed by observation, experiment etc.
- NU The underlying principles or methods of a given technical skill, art etc., as opposed to its practice.
- (mathematics) A field of study attempting to exhaustively describe a particular class of constructs.
- Knot theory classifies the mappings of a circle into 3-space.
- A hypothesis or conjecture.
- NC (logic) A set of axioms together with all statements derivable from them. Equivalently, a formal language plus a set of axioms (from which can then be derived theorems).
- A theory is consistent if it has a model.
- We recover the system of Bonchi et al as a subtheory in the prime power dimensional case, but the more general theory does not arise from a distributive law.
- Consequently, such a glomerulotubular cross-talk theory via TNFα pathway activation and proinflammatory reaction may be a clue to explain our findings.
- Gravity waves, while predicted by theory for decades, have been notoriously difficult to detect.
- To estimate heritable variance of ES, the coheritability of ES was derived using selection index theory.
- Merton cautioned against confusing post factum sociological interpretations with social theory.
- That's fine in practice, but will it work in theory?