whole 中文 EN[həʊl] US
全部的, 全体的, 所有的
- 名词 (Noun)PLwholesSUF-ole
- Something complete, without any parts missing.
- An entirety.
- 形容词 (Adjective)COMmore wholeSUPmost whole
- I ate a whole fish.
- Sound, uninjured, healthy.
- He is of whole mind, but the same cannot be said about his physical state.
- (of food) From which none of its constituents has been removed.
- whole wheat; whole milk
- 副词 (Adverb)COMmore wholeSUPmost whole
- COL In entirety; entirely; wholly.
- I ate a fish whole!
- There was a fire at the school last night and the whole place burned down.
- The township of Bollington (Macclesfield) has been very unhealthy the whole year. There were 50 deaths in it this quarter, 22 of which were from typhus and scarlatina.
- She was tempted to treat the whole affair as a joke.
- Whole cell and microaspirated lipid body lipidomic analysis was performed in collaboration with Metabolon Inc. Heatmaps were generated using the RColorBrewer and gplots packages in R [32 , 34 ].
- The actor simply dialed in his performance, leaving even his devoted fans disappointed with the show as a whole.
Meaning of whole for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en wholesome
- en wholesale
- en wholeness
- en wholemeal
- en wholeheartedly