without 中文 EN[wɪθˈaʊt] US
- 副词 (Adverb)COMmore withoutSUPmost withoutPREwith-
- (archaic or literary) outside, externally.
- Lacking something.
- Being from a large, poor family, he learned to live without.
- 连词 (Conjunction)
- Unless, except (introducing a clause).
- 介系词 (Preposition)
- (archaic or literary) Outside of, beyond.
- The snow was swirling without the cottage, but it was warm within.
- Not having, containing, characteristic of, etc.
- It was a mistake to leave my house without a coat.
- Not doing or not having done something.
- He likes to eat everything without sharing.
- He shot without warning anyone.
- I trow you must excomunicate me, or els you must goe without their companie, or we shall wante no quareling; but let them pass.
- Nothing however is without its cost, in both labour and financial expenditure, and it is true that to grow vegetables in a raised bed requires an element of both, especially at the early stages.
- What would a school lunch be without Tater Tots potatoes?
- Without any sinister suspicion of anything being added or adempt. - Hugh Latimer.
- Without the proper resources, the young manager drew on his imagination to solve the crisis.
- Without a diploma, he relies on spiff alone to climb the corporate ladder.
- During the Great Depression, she learned to do without.
Meaning of without for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
- Words prefixed with with-
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en withoute
- en withoutness
- en withoutside
- en without day
- en withoutforth